If you missed the fourth annual online Sakai Virtual Conference, (it focuses on teaching with Sakai, learning, sharing, best practices, and community building), never fear!
The Sakai Virtual Conference playlist of the 2017 conference sessions are available now, on the Sakai YouTube channel.
What were the sessions about?
There are many excellent presentations to listen to, but if you want to know what some of the popular "themes" were, here's some of the popular topics:
- Effective Practices: What are best practices for Sakai courses?
- Sakai Showcase: What's coming up in Sakai 12? A Sakai Accessibility update
- Instructional Design/Learning Analytics: Faculty Support/Statistics
- Technical: LTI Integration and a potential App Store
- Birds of a Feather: What tools are being worked on now? Mobile, Tests, Lessons
- Tools: Integrating Tsugi, Google Drive, Meetings (update), and Usability Testing
- Collaboration: Building Sakaigers (student QA teams) and ePortfolio
What did participants say they liked best about the conference?
- "It's hard to beat the Karaoke lunchtime session. Lots of fun and a great way to show newbies that the community works and plays together!"
- "Good balance of presentations between hands-on technical aspects and more general teaching and learning solutions. It was easy to jump between rooms in the middle of a presentation (apologies to presenters) which is not easily possible in physical conferences."
- "I often feel isolated on my campus, so this conference gave me inspiration and the confidence that there are others out there plugging away like me!"
Who was there?
- Over 330+ instructional designers, faculty, administrators, developers and technical support folks attended the conference this year from 70 institutions from 11 countries from around the world.
Where will the money raised go?
- Sakai development and/or enhancement projects, such as FARM
- FYI: If you registered early, you also received a t-shirt and a lunch gift card!
Resources:Sakai 2017 Virtual Conference playlist
Sakai Virtual Conference web site
Introducing Sakai 11 video (2:31 min)
Sakai Project web site