What free tools can you use to create videos (without installing anything)?
myBrainshark is a free online tool that lets you…
- upload PowerPoint presentations to the web
- add audio narrations to each slide (using a microphone or telephone)
- insert poll questions along the way for students to answer and more!
YouTube’s MyWebcam is a free tool you can use to record short videos using a web cam.
How do instructors use their videos with their students? They..
Where are instructions for creating videos?
- Here are the myBrainshark step-by-step instructions for adding narration to your PowerPoint, and instructions for adding a link to or "embedding" your video in Sakai
- These are the YouTube MyWebcam step-by-step instructions to create a video and generate captions; plus you'll find instructions for displaying your video in Sakai
Draus, P. J., Curran M. J., Trempus, M. S., (2014). The Influence of Instructor-Generated Video Content on Student Satisfaction with and Engagement in Asynchronous Online Classes. MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching. 1 (2), pp.240-254