The North Carolina Community College Association of Distance Learning (NC3ADL) recently provided Spring regional workshops on three topics:
- Engagement in Online Learning
- Universal Design
- Best Practices in Faculty Professional Development
- Amy Brown of Guilford Tech has her ACA 112 students "cheat on purpose", using Turnitin. Students take a screen shot of their Turnitin results, post the screen shot in their discussion forum, and discuss what they found out about plagiarism.
- After presenting a topic in her class, Rebecca Quigley of Guilford Tech, assigns students a project demonstrating what they have learned. For the project, students create a video or create a document with screen shots using Jing.
- Tonya Riney, also from Guilford Tech, discussed how electronic badges can be used to validate student or faculty skills after they have successfully completed a workshop, course, or project.
Here are the NC3ADL regional workshop presentations and resources provided by many of the presenters. Enjoy!
Related Blog Posts: