If you're not familiar with the Sakai Meetings tool, or want to see what's new, try out the latest Introduction for Moderator/Presenter Overview video created by BigBlueButton (an open source group who supports and updates Meetings):
Problems with seeing/viewing the video? Here's the link: http://youtu.be/PHTZvbL1NT4
What can you do with Meetings? Of course you can use a microphone/headset, upload files (pdf's), and chat, but you can also display webcams, work with a white board, share your desktop, and share the Moderator/Presenter role with others.
How are faculty using Meetings? Many faculty provide an online orientation for their classes, but now supplement it with optional online Orientation Meetings for students who need more assistance with getting started with their class. Some instructors hold weekly or bi-weekly check-in Meetings with students who have questions about class assignments.
- How do you get started with Meetings? Review our Meetings wiki page with typical questions and answers instructors ask about working with Meetings.
- How do you create a Meeting in Sakai? Follow instructions on our new Meetings handout to create and start a Meeting in Sakai.
- Do we have tips for faculty new to facilitating online meetings? Campus Technology provided an excellent article about the Do's and Don'ts of Online Meetings.
- What is available with the new version of Meetings (.81)? Meetings has an updated user area, a new Layout Manager, additional recording/playback abilities, and new accessibility features.
- Do's and Don'ts of Creating/Leading Online Meetings (Sakai Meetings Tools Tips)
- What 3 Sakai Tools could I use in my Sakai course?
- 5 Top News Tips from the Sakai/Apereo 2013 Conference