Other than Announcements, Email, Syllabus, Resources, and Gradebook, you might want to use one of the following three "tools" in your Sakai course:
- Add due dates to your Schedule/Calendar:
When your students logon, in their Workspace, they can see the due dates from every Sakai class that uses the schedule/calendar. In your class, they'll just see your calendar entries in the Schedule/calendar. My students loved this.
Note: When you Publish a Test/Quiz or Add an Assignment, you can check a box to display the due date on your schedule/calendar.
- Add and Display a List of Web Links in Resources:
If you have web sites you usually like to go to and/or want your students to visit, create a folder in your course Resources area and add the links to it, using the video instructions above.
- Use Dropbox to Collect non-graded papers/files from students:
If you want to have a private location within your course to access each student's documents and files, you can set-up Dropbox. Otherwise, if you want student's to submit graded Assignments, you can use the Assignments tool.
- Meetings: You can web conference with your class or groups (or individuals) for orientations, presentations, and student questions
- Sign-Up: Schedule meetings with students/groups or individual students
- News/RSS Feeds: Add a link to an RSS Feed for the latest news from your favorite web site or blog
Sakai Meetings Tools Tips
What can you do Now to be ready to Teach this Fall?