I noticed a new Massive Open Online Course was starting this week, about Educational Technology & Media, that will run for 10 weeks, but it's different.
This week, as part of the Course Orientation, the facilitators are helping participants use Twitter (#etmooc), Blogs, Google tools (Google+ and Google Calendar) and webinars (Blackboard Collaborate) to share ideas, instead of a Learning Management System.
- Check out their Calendar of webinar and Twitter events and join them
- View their archived Orientation/Blogging webinars
- Try out a new tool, such as Twitter, WordPress, Blogger, Edublogs, Diigo or Delicious, using their instructions
- Join their weekly tweets (#etmooc or #etchat)
- Review the ETMOOC main blog and participant blogs and subscribe to any that interest you
What have I done at night this week? Watched and attended a webinar, attended a weekly Tweet session, checked out a few blogs, created a Wordpress blog, posted a tweet or two, joined their Diigo group, updated my Twitter account, and joined their +Google circle. The blog postings are varied and many are excellent. It's your chance to get out of your comfort zone and try out new tools-I've hardly used Wordpress before, and feel more comfortable with it!